Thursday, October 13, 2011

Honey Rosemary Chicken

Thanks, http://www.recipe.com/, for the base of this recipe!  I tweaked it a little based on what I had in my house.  This is what I did:

4 chicken thighs
3 russet potatoes, quartered
1 onion, sliced thickly
2 celery stalks, cut into one inch pieces
4 cloves of garlic, minced

Sauce:
1/4 c. honey
2 Tbsp. Sprite
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 Tbsp. dried rosemary (rub it in your palms before adding to release oils)
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. freshly ground pepper

Brown chicken thighs in olive oil, about 4 minutes on each side on medium-high heat.  While they are cooking, chop veggies.  Spray Crockpot with oil and then throw in the veggies and spread them out on the bottom.   Make the sauce by combining the ingredients.  Layer the chicken on top of the veggies and pour the sauce on top.  Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high.

Serves: 4
Total cost: around $3

I'm going to serve it with broccoli.  I've never made this before, but it sounded yummy.  I'll let you know how it turns out!

***Since I apparently can't post comments on my own blog (need to figure out how to do this), I will just update.  This was delicious!  I will add more salt next time though and add more chicken because we devoured this meal! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment